This months creation is inspired by Adventure time. It’s “Bacon Pancakes” and it’s really simple to make. You can go two ways with these, savoury or sweet. I chose the savoury path as we were going to eat these for dinner. However I do think the intention of these pancakes it to be “naughty” make them sweet and use sweet condiments to go with them (ie. Maple syrup and ice cream). I was going to make them with a shake and bake pancake mix, but I had too many eggs in my fridge so decided to make it from scratch. Watch the video below to see how the whole thing turned out! Ingredients and Method listed below.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups of Milk
- Your favourite herb mix (for savoury pancakes)
- 2 Cups of Self Raising flour
- Honey/Caster Sugar
- Philadelphia Spread (or your favourite toppings)
- In a jug bowl beat eggs, milk and herbs together.
- In a mixing bowl, pour two cups of flour. Create a well in the center and add the egg/milk mixture.
- Mix together, add honey, continue to mix until combined.
- In a fry pan cook strips of bacon.
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove from pan.
- Use the bacon grease as the oil for your pancakes to cook. Pour a small amount of mixture onto the fry pan.
- Place bacon strips onto your pancake.
- Once air bubbles are produced flip pancake.
- Check the pancake is cooked on both sides and then plate up.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!