VEDA is over for another year. As always I’ve had a lot of fun participating in this challenge, I’ve made some online friendships and joined a new community called “We Vlog Collective“. Click play below to watch the playlist of last months video/vlog extravaganza!
Inspired by the movie of the same name, this dish is hearty vegetable stew, the kind of thing you would eat on a rainy day. It brings a smile to your face as the steam rises and warms your soul.
- Canned Diced/Peeled Tomatoes (Depends on your preference)
- Black pepper
- Dice all the vegetables into cubes
- Poor olive oil into a pan and pan fry the shallots
- Once the shallots are browned, add the capsicum, zucchini and eggplant.
- Finally once all of these are cooked to your liking (I like them soft, some like them a bit crunchy), add the mushrooms.
- Spice up the dish by adding the pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Last poor in the can of tomatoes. (Personally I love eating peeled whole tomatoes in my dishes as they explode with flavour when you bite into them, I used diced as that is my partners preference).
- Simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
- Alternatively you can slice vegetables into thin pieces and layer them in a tray, poor canned tomatoes on top then bake in the oven until cooked.